Why are Chatbots important?
One of the main keys, for brands today is the direct interaction with the user, since users in the digital context devote most of their time to instant messaging applications, chatbots.
This situation makes chatbots the best solution and a turning point to achieve that interaction. Since they are integrated into these applications providing the ability to facilitate 24/7 response, providing support, helping in the purchase process and generating generalized experiences to users.
What are chatbots?
A chatbot is an artificial intelligence (AI) software that can simulate a conversation (or a chat) with a user in natural language through messaging applications, websites, mobile applications or by phone.
Advantages of using chatbots
Chatbot applications accelerate interactions between people and services, improving the customer experience. At the same time, they offer companies new opportunities to improve the customer engagement process and also help improve operational efficiency by reducing the typical cost of customer service.
To be successful, a chatbot solution should be able to perform both tasks effectively. Human support plays a key role here: regardless of the type of approach and platform, human intervention is crucial to configuring, enabling and optimizing the chatbot system.
Types of chatbots:
To understand the nature of chatbots conversations, it is important to understand that there are three types of chatbots:
- Written: These are the chatbots whose importance is determined by rules. This type of chatbots have conversations following predetermined routes (scripts). At each step of the conversation, the user must choose between explicit options to determine the next step of the conversation. The way in which the options are presented to the user will depend on the characteristics of the chat platform and how the bot in which the user is and its design is programmed.
- Intelligent: Intelligent chatbots are created using artificial intelligence techniques. The I.A. improves these interactions the more they are used. However, it should be borne in mind that, although A.I. works very well, its cooking is very limited. It is extremely difficult to get a robot to “understand” the context or ambiguity or to have a useful memory that influences the conversation.
- Request: They are intelligent with scripts that can have graphical user interfaces. The fact that bots can interact using a graphical user interface is an important concept for chatbot developers. If a user can do the work they need more efficiently through a graphical user interface, then the bot must display a graphical user interface at that point in the conversation.
Examples of chatbots:
- Marketing campaigns that ask customers questions or allow them to play a game using a chatbot.
- A chatbot that helps customers make e-commerce purchases.
- A chatbot that answers customer service questions and provides help with different tasks.
- A chatbot that monitors employee or customer satisfaction.
- A chatbot that allows customers to book flights and receive relevant information when they are at the airport.
- Food restaurants that allow your customers to order from a chatbot, either in the store at home. Or customers who can order food from their table with a chatbot.